You’re invited! West Middlewick Farm opens to the public on 10 June 2018
For the first time West Middlewick Farm at Nomansland near Witheridge is having a special open day on 10 June from 11am – 4pm as part of the national farm open day when farms open their gates to the public.
John Gibson, who has farmed at West Middlewick Farm between Tiverton and South Molton all his life, said: “We have lined up a great day for visitors. Adults and children will be able to experience farm life for a day. We have also invited several local experts to give talks and demonstrations about the countryside.”
- pet the calves, lambs and piglets
- see the pretty chicken
- take a walk to the river Dalch and hear a talk about the locals: the otters and owls
- experience a sheep shearing demonstration
- enjoy a walk to the fishing lake by the wildflower meadow
- meet our local vets
- sample Arla food products
- plant seeds with an agronomist
- enjoy a snack – cream teas and ice creams available
- taste our delicious raw milk and stock up on other products at the farm shop
- see the milk bottle collection
- play games and quizzes.
The Gibsons have farmed at Nomansland for several generations.
John Gibson said: “If you have never visited a farm before – please come and experience farm life for yourself on 10 June. Holidaymakers from all over Britain and Europe come and stay at the farm – but 10 June is an opportunity for local people from the surrounding villages and towns to visit the farm. I look forward to welcoming you to the farm.”
For more details:
West Middlewick Farm, Nomansland, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 8NP
Tel: 01884 861235
- Come dressed for the farm – bring Wellington boots or walking boots if you have them
- We are family friendly – please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Dogs on leads are welcome
- Entry is free. The farm shop will be open to purchase raw farm milk, meat and other local produce